Monday, November 4, 2013

Learn to Fly


So this week I decided to do something a little different. Instead of a creative writing piece or a rant about society I going to analyze a song. Said song is Settle by Two Door Cinema Club which I believe is saying that you only have a finite numbers of days so use them to try your hardest and really do your best. Yes I know that it sounds like a Hallmark card but still some of the most cheesy things can be helpful in their own way. Also near the beginning of the song it says "I can see all the things arresting me but I control, I control". Which I took as meaning that no matter what you control your own destiny, no matter the outside forces are you are ultimately responsible for the outcome of your life. That being said the "city" in the song "that drags you in" is not taking responsibility for your actions and push the blame for your mediocre life on to someone or something else. What also backs this up is that in the song the city is refereed to as "drenched in sin" so when you refuse to accept your mistakes and blame other people then you will keep blaming other people and your life will not exactly be a happy one. I'm not saying that self-conceited jerks don't get "far" in life because sadly they usually do. But you can have everything in the world and still not be happy.